Galtalækur 2 is a farmstead in South Iceland offering accommodation services. Operating the year round, it offers a pleasant stay in a great location at affordable rates.
- Accommodation in 5 cottages for approx. 28 people.
- Each cottage features a small kitchen, WC, hot and cold water.
- Sleeping-bag accommodation is offered.
- Breakfast is served in the farmhouse if requested.
- Campsite offering sanitary facilities, shower and electricity.
- Spacious grassy area well-sheltered by trees and vegetation.
- Also ideal for small groups, as there is a pavilion on the site for family get-togethers etc.
- We are closed during the winter.
Galtalækur 2 is ideally located for day trips to many of the main sights in South Iceland. The majestic Mt Hekla is one of its closest neighbours. You can drive up to Hekla and go hiking from the parking area. The popular Landmannahellir and Landmannalaugar are also on the route to Hekla. Note that you will need a four-wheel drive vehicle for these trips. Optionally taxi round trips can easily be arranged for these ventures. Daily bus trips are scheduled in the summer. Please take care not to drive onto closed roads and trails.